The Thomson advertiser. volume (Thomson, Ga.) 1866-1874
Place of Publication:
- Thomson, McDuffie county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1866; ceased in 1874?
- Georgia--McDuffie County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216474
- McDuffie County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Thomson (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 9 (Jan. 16, 1869).
The Thomson advertiser. volume January 16, 1869
The Thomson Advertiser began publication in 1866 out of the office of the Covington Enterprise. James Washington Anderson and James Delaney ran that printing press in Covington that also served other newspapers. By 1868, Jordan E. White was local editor of the Thomson Advertiser, which printed weekly. The newspaper supported the Democratic party and circulated every Saturday. White left the Advertiser in 1869 and was replaced at the editorial helm for a short period by W.C. Worrill. W. T. O’Neal replaced Worrill in 1870 and remained local editor for the paper until it ceased publication. In 1872, publishers of the Advertiser changed slightly as James Delaney left the business. Sion W. Hawkins joined Anderson at the Enterprise office. The Thomson Advertiser ceased publication in 1874 due to the increasing popularity of the McDuffie Journal.