The times. (Savannah, Ga.) 1823-182?
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 18, 1823)-
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
The times. July 2, 1823
M. J. Kappel published the first issue of the Times on June 18, 1823 in Savannah, Georgia. Kappel intended his paper to publish semi-weekly from November to May and weekly for the remaining months each year. The newspaper, at a subscription rate of three dollars, covered merchant news, local events, and featured literary selections. The Times could not compete with other contemporaneous papers in the city and ceased publishing in the mid-1820s.