Savannah journal. (Savannah, Ga.) 1851-1852
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Began in 1851?
- -v. 3, no. 57 (Aug. 10, 1852).
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 169 (June 22, 1852).
- Published a triweekly ed. (title unknown).
Savannah journal. August 2, 1852
J. B. Cubbedge founded the Savannah Journal in 1851 as a daily newspaper. At times, the masthead was printed as the Morning and Evening Journal. On August 11, 1852, Cubbedge settled on the title Savannah Evening Journal, but this title was maintained for less than a year when Cubbedge merged his newspaper with the Savannah Courier to form the Savannah Daily Journal and Courier.