The Savannah evening journal. (Savannah [Ga]) 1852-185?
Place of Publication:
- Savannah, Chatham county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 3, no. 58 (Aug. 11, 1852)-
- Chatham County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Chatham County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207617
- Savannah (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Merged with: Savannah courier (Savannah, Ga. : 1852), to form: Savannah daily journal and courier.
The Savannah evening journal. August 11, 1852
J. B. Cubbedge founded the Savannah Journal in 1851 as a daily newspaper. At times, the masthead was printed as the Morning and Evening Journal. On August 11, 1852, Cubbedge settled on the title Savannah Evening Journal, but this title was maintained for less than a year when Cubbedge merged his newspaper with the Savannah Courier to form the Savannah Daily Journal and Courier.