The Brunswick appeal. (Brunswick, Ga.) 1879-1881
Place of Publication:
- Brunswick, Glynn county
Dates of publication:
- Ceased in 1881.
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 20, 1879)-
- Brunswick (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Glynn County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214157
- Glynn County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Cannot determine relationship, if any, to: Brunswick seaport appeal or Seaport appeal, although both share titles with variant titles for this resource.
- Merged with Brunswick advertiser, to form: Brunswick advertiser and appeal.
The Brunswick appeal. November 20, 1879
Carey W. Styles published the first issue of the Brunswick Appeal on November 20, 1879. The Democratic paper published weekly for an annual subscription of two dollars. During its run, the paper was alternatively known as the Seaport Appeal. The Brunswick Appeal merged with the Brunswick Advertiser (established in 1875) to form the Advertiser and Appeal in 1881. The 1880s were a decade of significant growth for Brunswick during which time the population tripled. The newly merged paper served the expanding citizenry during this period, but ceased publication by the end of the decade.