Brunswick advertiser and appeal. (Brunswick, Ga.) 1881-1881
Place of Publication:
- Brunswick, Glynn county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 6, no. 33 (Feb. 19, 1881)-v. 7, no. 26 (Dec. 31, 1881).
- Brunswick (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Glynn County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214157
- Glynn County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Librararies.
- Formed by the union of: Brunswick advertiser, and: Brunswick appeal.
Brunswick advertiser and appeal. March 5, 1881
The town of Brunswick was incorporated in 1836. The Brunswick Advocate, the city's first newspaper, began publication that same year, followed by the Brunswick Herald in 1856. The Brunswick Advertiser was established in 1875 as a weekly publication and merged with the Brunswick Appeal in 1881. The 1880s were a time of significant growth for the city during which time the population tripled and the newly merged Advertiser and Appeal served the growing city throughout the rest of the decade.