The tri-weekly republic. (Augusta, Ga.) 1848-1851
Place of Publication:
- Augusta, Richmond county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 10, 1848)-v. 4, no. 90 (July 29, 1851).
- Augusta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Richmond County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215116
- Richmond County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Merged with: Daily constitutionalist (Augusta, Ga. : 1846), to form: Daily constitutionalist and republic.
The tri-weekly republic. March 23, 1849
James M. Smythe founded the Tri-weekly Republic in Augusta in 1848. With Smythe as owner and editor, Robert A. Wayne assisted as a co-editor of the newspaper. The paper, which reflected Smythe’s Whig politics, could be purchased in advance for a subscription cost of four dollars. The Tri-weekly Republic merged with the Daily Constitution in 1851 to form the Daily Constitutionalist and Republic.