The Tifton gazette. (Tifton, Berrien County, Ga.) 1891-1974
Place of Publication:
- Tifton, Berrien county
- Tifton, Tift county
Dates of publication:
- Ceased in 1974?
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Apr. 17, 1891)-
- Georgia--Tift County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215870
- Tift County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Tifton (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Daily edition: Daily gazette (Tifton, Ga.), 1914; Daily Tifton gazette, 1914-1974.
The Tifton gazette. January 22, 1892
B. T. Allen began publishing the Berrien County Pioneer in 1888, and moved the newspaper to Tifton in 1891, renaming it the Tifton Gazette. Allen focused much of the newspapers early content to local affairs and county politics. Tifton Gazette employee J. L. Herring purchased the publication in 1896 and served as its editor until his death in 1923. The Gazette began daily circulation in 1914 and continues publication today.