Digital Library of Georgia Logo
GALILEO Logo

Weekly advertiser-appeal. (Brunswick, Ga.) 188?-1889

 

Title:

Weekly advertiser-appeal.

Place of Publication:

Brunswick, Ga.

Geographic coverage:

  • Brunswick, Glynn county

Publisher:

T.G. Stacy and Son

Dates of publication:

188?-1889

Description:

  • Ceased in 1889.

Frequency:

Weekly

Languages:

  • English

Subjects:

  • Brunswick (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Georgia--Brunswick.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01218163
  • Georgia--Glynn County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214157
  • Glynn County (Ga.)--Newspapers.

Notes:

  • Description based on: Jan. 13, 1888.

LCCN:

sn89053387

OCLC:

21625031

Weekly advertiser-appeal. January 13, 1888

About

The town of Brunswick was incorporated in 1836. The Brunswick Advocate, the city's first newspaper, began publication that same year, followed by the Brunswick Herald in 1856. The Brunswick Advertiser was established in 1875 as a weekly publication and merged with the Brunswick Appeal in 1881. The 1880s were a time of significant growth for the city during which time the population tripled and the newly merged Advertiser and Appeal served the growing city throughout the rest of the decade.