Digital Library of Georgia Logo
GALILEO Logo

Brunswick weekly advertiser. (Brunswick, Ga.) 1889-18??

 

Title:

Brunswick weekly advertiser.

Place of Publication:

Brunswick, Ga.

Geographic coverage:

  • Brunswick, Glynn county

Publisher:

T.G. Stacy and Son

Dates of publication:

1889-18??

Description:

  • Began in 1889?

Frequency:

Weekly

Languages:

  • English

Subjects:

  • Brunswick (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Georgia--Brunswick.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01218163
  • Georgia--Glynn County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01214157
  • Glynn County (Ga.)--Newspapers.

Notes:

  • Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
  • Description based on: Sept. 19, 1889.

LCCN:

sn89053388

OCLC:

21663208

Brunswick weekly advertiser. September 19, 1889

About

The town of Brunswick was incorporated in 1836. The Brunswick Advocate, the city's first newspaper, began publication that same year, followed by the Brunswick Herald in 1856. The Brunswick Advertiser was established in 1875 as a weekly publication and merged with the Brunswick Appeal in 1881. The 1880s were a time of significant growth for the city during which time the population tripled and the newly merged Advertiser and Appeal served the growing city throughout the rest of the decade.