The Georgia cracker. (Gainesville, GA.) 18??-1902
Place of Publication:
- Gainesville, Hall county
Dates of publication:
- -v. 13, no. 52 (May 10, 1902).
- Gainesville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Hall County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211767
- Hall County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Feb. 14, 1894.
The Georgia cracker. August 7, 1897
In 1888, J. I. Toner began publishing the Gainesville Industrial News. In the 1890s, he sold the publication to lecturer and humorist H. W. J. Ham, who renamed it the Georgia Cracker. Publisher A. S. Hardy purchased the paper in 1897 and changed the name to the Gainesville News. The publication ran through 1956, when it was absorbed by the Daily Times which continues publication today as the Gainesville Times.