Digital Library of Georgia Logo
GALILEO Logo

The Star of the south. (Elberton, Ga.) 1859-18??

 

Title:

The Star of the south.

Place of Publication:

Elberton, Ga.

Geographic coverage:

  • Elberton, Elbert county

Publisher:

Eberhart & Hutchinson

Dates of publication:

1859-18??

Description:

  • Vol. 1, no. 1 (Aug. 6, 1859)-

Frequency:

Weekly

Languages:

  • English

Subjects:

  • Elbert County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Elberton (Ga.)--Newspapers.
  • Georgia--Elbert County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206959
  • Georgia--Elberton.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01227276

Notes:

  • Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.

LCCN:

sn89053949

OCLC:

21327658

The Star of the south. August 2, 1860

About

The first issue of the Star of the South was published in Elberton on August 6, 1859 by Eberhart and Hutchinson. By 1860, however, J. T. McCarty is listed as the owner, and Henry C. Ware as the editor. The paper was printed weekly and could be subscribed to for two dollars a year. The newspaper was short-lived and ceased publication in the 1860s.