The field and fireside. (Marietta, Ga.) 1877-18??
Place of Publication:
- Marietta, Cobb county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Mar. 13, 1877)-
- Cobb County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Cobb County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211778
- Marietta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
The field and fireside. March 13, 1877
J. G. Campbell & Company published the first issue of the Field and Fireside on March 13, 1877 in Marietta, Georgia. The four-page newspaper circulated weekly at a subscription cost of $1.50. Politically, the paper identified itself as independent and supported William H. Felton during his reelection campaign in 1878. The Field and Fireside’s support for Felton, an Independent Democrat, and criticism of the more conservative and popular Bourbon Democrats drew the ire of surrounding North Georgia newspapers. The paper was short-lived and ceased publication by 1880.