The Gazette. (Sandersville, Ga.) 1874-1???
Place of Publication:
- Sandersville, Washington county
Dates of publication:
- Georgia--Washington County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01217123
- Sandersville (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Washington County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 25 (Sept. 22, 1874).
The Gazette. September 22, 1874
Ben W. Holt published the first issue of the Gazette in March 1874 in Sandersville, Georgia. Thomas Evans initially held editorial duties, but J. Bangs replaced him after only a few months. At a subscription cost of one dollar per year, the newspaper circulated weekly and supported the Democratic Party. In January 1875, Holt became part-owner of a much larger Sandersville paper, the Herald and Georgian and ceased publication of the Gazette.