Columbus sentinel. (Columbus, Ga.) 18??-183?
Place of Publication:
- Columbus, Muscogee county
Dates of publication:
- Columbus (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Muscogee County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216552
- Muscogee County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 7, no. 25 (June 22, 1837).
- Merged with: Republican herald (Columbus, Ga.), to form: Columbus sentinel and herald.
Columbus sentinel. June 22, 1837
The Columbus Sentinel was first published by William Cline and B. V. Iverson in the early 1830s. The paper merged with J. B. Webb’s Republican Herald in 1838 to become the Columbus Sentinel and Herald. The weekly paper ran until February 1841, when James Van Ness founded the Columbus Times and put the Sentinel and Herald out of business.