State press. (Macon, Ga.) 1859-1859
Place of Publication:
- Macon, Bibb county
Dates of publication:
- Began in Feb. 1859; ceased in 1859.
- Bibb County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Bibb County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207988
- Macon (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 114 (June 23, 1859); title from masthead.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 1, no. 114 (June 23, 1859.
- Weekly ed.: State press (Macon, Ga.).
State press. June 23, 1859
E. C. and A. M. Rowland first published the daily edition of the State Press in 1859. The paper was Democratic, pro-secession, and staunchly opposed to abolition. In the June 23, 1859 issue, the editors featured several samples from northern newspapers in an effort to show abolitionist bias coming from the North. The publication ceased printing the same year as its founding.