Georgia platform. (Calhoun, Ga.) 185?-18??
Place of Publication:
- Calhoun, Gordon county
Dates of publication:
- Calhoun (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 4, no. 4 (Sept. 9, 1858).
Georgia platform. September 9, 1858
Founded in 1855 by W. V. Wester, the Democratic Platform was the first paper published in Calhoun. G. J. Fain took over editorial duties of the four-page, seven-column newspaper in 1856 and changed the masthead to the Georgia Platform. In 1858, W. V. Wester, still an owner of the publication, changed the masthead to the Valley Register and the title would remain as such until it again changed to the Confederate Flag in 1861. By 1861, the owners were James N. Scott and Jones L. White, but the newspaper did not survive the financial burdens of the Civil War.