Southern confederacy. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1861-1865
Place of Publication:
- Macon, Bibb county
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- Ceased in 1865.
- New ser., v. 1, no. 17 (Mar. 4, 1861)-
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Bibb County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Bibb County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207988
- Georgia--Fulton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211153
- Macon (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm by the University of Georgia Libraries, and online.
- New Ser. in numbering dropped with v. 1, no. 279 (Jan. 12, 1862).
- Published in Macon, Ga., <Aug. 19, 1864-Feb. 8, 1865>.
Southern confederacy. March 4, 1861
James P. Hambleton established the Southern Confederacy in 1859. At the outbreak of the Civil War, Hambleton joined the Confederate Army and sold the paper in 1861 to C. R. Hanleiter and G. W. Adair, who were the owners of the Gate-City Guardian. The new owners merged their paper with Southern Confederacy and took the title of their new acquisition. The strongly Democratic paper continued publication in Atlanta until 1864, when the publication moved to Macon. In 1865, the Southern Confederacy ceased publication.