Gate-city guardian. (Atlanta, Ga.) 1861-1861
Place of Publication:
- Atlanta, Fulton county
Dates of publication:
- New ser., v. 1, no. 1 (Feb. 12, 1861)-new ser., v. 1, no. 16 (Mar. 2, 1861).
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Fulton County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Fulton County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211153
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries, and online.
Gate-city guardian. February 12, 1861
After the outbreak of the Civil War, several entrepreneurs established newspapers to cover the events of the fighting. One of the more prominent wartime publications was the Gate-City Guardian, which merged with and was renamed the Southern Confederacy in 1861. The paper moved to Macon in 1864 before ceasing publication the following year.