The Southern sentinel. (Columbus, Ga.) 1850-18??
Place of Publication:
- Columbus, Muscogee county
Dates of publication:
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 3, 1850)-
- Columbus (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Georgia--Muscogee County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01216552
- Muscogee County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Merged with: Columbus times (Columbus, Ga. : 1841), to form: Weekly times & sentinel; and with: Tri-weekly Columbus times, to form: Tri-weekly times and sentinel.
The Southern sentinel. January 3, 1850
William H. Chambers founded the Southern Sentinel as a weekly newspaper on January 3, 1850. The paper operated independently for two years until Chambers merged his paper with Roswell Ellis’ Columbus Times to form the Weekly Times and Sentinel in December of 1852.