Planters' weekly. (Greenesboro' [i.e. Greensboro], Ga.) 185?-18??
Place of Publication:
- Greensboro, Greene county
Dates of publication:
- Georgia--Greene County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01206425
- Greene County (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Greensboro (Ga.)--Newspapers.
- Also on microfilm: Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Libraries.
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 2 (Jan. 9, 1860).
Planters' weekly. January 4, 1860
William M. Jefferson founded the Weekly Gazette as a Democratic weekly newspaper in 1857. The paper’s masthead became the Greensboro Weekly Gazette later that year and remained as such until returning to the Weekly Gazette moniker in 1859. In 1860, the publication became the Planter’s Weekly with F. C. Fuller as its editor. Fuller continued to publish until 1861 when the paper proved financially unsustainable.